Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's All About the Wind

I thought I would check in and post that all is well and windy in Naples. We haven't been up to too much. It's been windy and rainy and that doesn't leave a lot of room for goofing around or even running errands, really. I have to say that I'm learning to greatly respect the wind. "17 mph with gusts up to 25 mph" now means much more than it did a month ago. I can't even imagine hurricane season!

Today is a little bit better, the sun is out, so we set out to the grocery store and did some provisioning. Sue and I are going to hang out this afternoon and sew and I'll get my "cat fix" with Tru and Blu. Life is good. We scheduled a bike eco-tour for tomorrow in the Everglades. It's through a local operation that will even pick us up from the boat. Without a car, our options are pretty limited so I was thrilled to find them. I'm hoping we'll be able to go as scheduled - we have another super windy day forecast for tomorrow.

Every time we're in "public" we hear people talking about the weather. "It's the coldest winter in years and years. I've never seen a winter in Florida like this. This weather is so unusual." Well, we too will be very happy when it warms up and the winds take a hike!

In the meantime, we're learning that we can do really well confined to the boat! With hobbies, the internet, books on tape, cooking, 30 Rock and Heros DVDs...there's never a dull moment :)

1 comment:

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

Hi Steph (Hi to Martin, too, but this question may be more for Steph?)

I'm curious what your confined space exercise regimen is? Have you figured out a routine or is it still to early in your trip?

Cheers,
Sara