I've also replaced all the lights in Lucky with LED bulbs, including replacing the red "night vision" ones over the helm with blue ones.
So a lot of work has been done. Still to be done:
- wire the lights and transducer
- re caulk the rear hull seams
- new pop-up cleats on the transom
- new batteries
- install low level bilge pump
- replace seal on engine room hatch
- reseal salon hatch
- install rod holders for the bimini top
and that's just the stuff I remember. I'm sure there's other things we're having done. There is a list and we will be checking it twice.
No sign of the engine guys since Friday. They should be coming in next week to make a start. As well as replacing the prop shaft seal on the port drive, they're going to:
- remove the crank shaft fly wheel and get the rust sandblasted off.
- replace the Volvo Penta strainers with Groco on the vacuum side of the impeller
- replace all the plastic pulleys with new, steel ones
- put in two new alternators (I've managed to get two of the four reconditioned)
Once the engines are back together, we'll be able to put Lucky back in the water and finish off any remaining work in the marina.
The canvas guys were a no show this week, but they assure me they'll be in on Monday to make the patterns for the aft curtain. We'll see. They've already taken a deposit so I'm a little stuck. I'm having the yard apply pressure to keep them in the game. There's something about canvas makers....