Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Bean Update

We got a call from the Vet today.  Bean's condition deteriorated overnight.  She has partial paralysis of her rear legs, most likely caused by a blood clot in her spine.  She's also in some pain.  While the blood clot and pain may be treatable, the prognosis is not good.

Steph flew back to California today to be with Bean and make some possibly tough decisions.  She'll stay there until things have been resolved.  Not easy and my thoughts go out to them both.

What this means is we don't know when we'll be leaving the US for The Bahamas.  Steph will take all the time she needs to get through this before coming back.  There's a front passing through next week, so there's the possibility the window will close before we can make the jump.  Then we'll just wait for the next opportunity.

No comments: