At least, that's the plan. The NOAA forecast is less than ideal:
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. NORTH SWELL 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT SHOWERS.
While we're not happy with the conditions, we're a little under the gun and have decided that it's doable. Our ace in the hole is the fact we can always turn back if the conditions get too much. It's 55nm (about 60 statute miles) "marina-to-marina". So about 50 miles of open water. The gulf stream is about 15 or so miles off shore so we'll get a good feel for conditions well before we're in the middle of it. According to the charting software I use, it's a 3 hour journey, so hopefully we'll be done by lunch.
The marina here in Fort Lauderdale is OK if we come back, so we have our fall back plan in place.
We're going to be staying at the Bimini Bay Resort while in Bimini. It's at the north end of the island at the end of the channel, about 1.5 miles north of Alice Town. We'll be there until Tuesday or Wednesday. We're due at the Marina in Atlantis on Wednesday. We can make it in one (long) day from Bimini. Alternatively, we'll leave a day earlier and spend Tuesday night in Chub Cay at the south end of the Berry Isles. That knocks about 50 miles off the trip. We'll decide based upon how much we like Bimini.
We'll have internet there, so we'll let you all know where we are tomorrow!
Meanwhile, I've filled the tanks with the last free potable water we're going to get (water maker water from now on!), we've stocked up on fresh fruit and are battening down the hatches!