Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friends and more friends


The last few days have been a frenzy of activity.  Between visiting Lucky and spending time with friends, there hasn't been much downtime.

Thursday, Steph and I met up with Suzy, an old college friend of Steph's, and her husband Armando.  We were given a brief tour of Naples, went for a walk on the beach to watch the sunset and back to their house for snacks.  They're a great pair and I'm sure we'll be spending more time with them while we're in Naples.

Sunset on Naples beach


Yesterday was another trip down memory lane, this time for me.  Mike and Jackie were my neighbours as I grew up in Leeds (all those years ago).  They snowbird in Naples and we got together.  Also visiting was Harold a cousin of mine I've not seen in a couple of decades.  We went down to the boat yard to visit Lucky.  An interesting time was had trying to corral the herd as we walked through the busy yard.  I was distracted for a moment by the boat yard manager and a couple of canvas makers and before I knew it everyone had disappeared!  Steph kept them in sight and I was able to catch up with them all once I'd answered all the questions being thrown at me.


Outside Tin City


So it's dinner with Suzy and Armando tonight and bicycling with Jackie and Mike tomorrow.  Will the fun never end?


No comments: