Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Armando, Sue, Steph, Martin, Sean and Lousie at dinner

Yesterday was my 44th birthday.  I'm not much of a birthday person, but every one around me is, so I got cards and presents.  Thank you Anne for the persimmon cookies!  I'm saving them until we're on Lucky and then we shall have tea and cookies as a celebration!  Steph bought me scone mix.  Sue got me clotted cream.  We already have the jam.  So scones and tea will be on the menu later this week as well.  Yum!  Sean and Louise were in town, fresh off their "trawler school" and full of nautical tales.  They came over to the yard at lunchtime and we spent an enjoyable afternoon wandering the waterfront.  Sue and Armando joined us later in the afternoon and were given the full tour of "The Bus".  Having spent 2 years living in an RV, they were especially impressed.  We had to leave Sean and Louise early evening so they could teach a class, but we arranged to have dinner later that night at Olive Garden, one of the few restaurants open after 9 in Naples.  Much to Steph and my delight, they had Martini & Rosso Asti Spumante on the wine list.  Greg, stop rolling your eyes!  As an added bonus, I was able to stop all singing at lunch and dinner.

No comments: